Friday, April 24, 2009

Extension into the Future

It is in the best interest of the Walt Disney Company to retain their already trained college program participants.  Therefore I was not surprised to see the invitation to extend my internship.  The extension lasts through August 17th.  I have accepted because I am still holding out hope that the economy is turning around and Disney might be looking to hiring sooner rather than later.  Besides I do enjoy my position with the company and am pretty well saturated into the culture and the the ways of Disney.  Overall it has been a great experience that has opened my eyes to an industry that to me was largely a mystery before arriving here and witnessing the behind the scenes of one of the greatest shows in the world.  I am a little worried about the summer humidity though and the bugs because they are prevalent.  I have definitely been spoiled by the sunshine and the predictability of the dry heat in Arizona and I do miss it.  My place will be there in August, so I can hack it for a couple more months.  I definitely do want to make it back to hear Obama speak regardless so I did put in for an extra day off that week of the commencement ceremony.  I am looking forward to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment