Saturday, February 21, 2009

Quite an Operation

This is one of the biggest man made productions in the world.  A well oiled operation many years in the making.  On a recent outing to Hollywood studios I got to to observe how everything is run from a guest 's perspective.  I got a great understanding before I even arrived to the park.  As I arrived to the park I was led by a litany of yellow striped parking attendants to my waiting parking space.  I then hopped on my waiting shuttle and was entertained by the conductor and dropped of at the front turnstiles.  Later on in the day when I returned to my waiting shuttle I couldn't remember where I parked or even what parking lot I was in.  I told one of the parking staff what time I arrived and they not only told me what lot I was in but also what number lane I was in.  Amazingly accurate and they of course did it with a smile and a sense of humor.  Only here could I have that type of experience, that brand of customer service.  That simple experience will last with me and it also makes me understand why people love to come back and give their money to Disney.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is crazy. They move hundreds of people throughout the day. How were they able to remember where YOU parked? Did you have a tag or sticker with a symbol, or what? That's neat that you tour the studios. I'd love to go through their training. It's one, if not the best companies to train you on customer service.

    ReplyDelete