Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Goofy Money

Disney brings in millions of dollars each month.  They are a behemoth but they certainly did not get that way overnight.  If anything, this internship has taught me, its that you must believe in your own creative instincts and ideas.  Walt Disney was not in the business for money, he stated many times that he had no desire to amass a huge personal fortune.  His goal was to create his vision, and he did that over and over again.  Walt undertook great financial risks to achieve his dreams, and with his huge but calculated risks came a huge reward.  Every time he got a windfall of cash he put it right back into his investment, his passion, which was one and the same.  That is such a huge lesson to me.  I want to control my own cash register, be a true entrepreneur in every sense of the word, except I want to do it through real estate.  ASU has a Masters of Real Estate Development Program that I definitely would like to get into.  I am now looking to find the best GMAT prep course I can find so I can excel on the exam.  I believe through being an entrepreneur I can finance my own set of dreams and bring my visions to life.  I cannot wait to get started and I have to thank Walt Disney for being a creative inspiration!  

No comments:

Post a Comment